Monday, August 18, 2008

Cool Dr. Money Haircut's First Show!

So Our Band, Cool Dr. Money Haircut, played our first show on Friday Night @ Gunther's Tap Room on Main Street in Downtown Northport. We have only been Playing for about a Month and a half now (the same amount of time that I've been playing Bass for) and I think we did awesome for our first show. In the Band is Neil Chaudhry on Vocals & Rhythm Guitar, Gregory Todd Baker on Lead Guitar on Backing Vocals, and The Man, The Myth, The Legend Himself Mr. Brian Chaudhry on Drums. 
Earlier in the day I had worked so I'd be able to have the following 2 days off (Saturday & Sunday). After Work, I met everyone at Brian's place in Huntington to practice. We did 2 run throughs of our set which included an intro, 6 original's & a Cover. After Practice we packed our gear in our cars and Greg split to have dinner with his folks while Brian, Neil & I went into downtown Huntington for some Slices @ Joanne's.
While @ Joanne's we encountered a Nice Dame behind the counter with some Fine Gams. Also at the pizzeria was a family of 6 ugly, ugly! and annoying children with their miserable parents. At which point in time solidified my opinion of not having children ever!
After Joanne's Neil & I headed back to his pad in Northport as we literally just got in his door to his house right before the rain started to pour. We were just basically killing time before our show. I began playing Solitare to get my mind of the show to ward off what little tension/nerves had been building in the 3 hours before the show. 
(Curtis from Complete)
After a while Greg called telling us to put it on Public Access because there was some shitty band with horrible visual effects that was similar to "Complete" (Complete, if you dont know then you should, but that's another Blog in its own).
After that Greg, Brian, Nicole, Steve, Emily & Lukas pretty much all arrived at the same time meeting us at the Chaudhry Household. To take my mind off my nervousness of the show, Steve, Emily, Nicole, Lukas & I played the card game Scat, which may sound nasty but is really fun trust me! (That's What He Said?).
Steve eventually won the game, Without Cheating!, which was a change for once. After the game we all kind of were walking around the house just killing time. Around 9pm we got all of our equipment together and starting heading down towards Gunther's.
 
When we got there most of the Brooklyn Kids had already arrived as we began unloading our equipment inside. The Show was billed to start around 9:30 but we were waiting on the bar to fill and for the other bands (Womb Ripper & Bearface) to arrive. 

Around 10ish, I think, We began setting up the equipment and tuning and somewhere around 10:30ish after the bar had filled out decently and the other bands had arrived we began playing. 

We started with our intro and played our first four songs without any problems. On our 5th song we ran into a few problems and tried playing it twice before dropping it entirely. After that we played our last original song and then played our cover "Yelling in my Ear by Operation Ivy.

After We played I began my quest on getting rip roaring drunk, which I succeeded in! The band after us, Womb Ripper, which I hadn't heard any of their stuff but they were great. They kinda reminded me of Fugazi with Keyboards and Nintendo music.

After Womb Ripper there was some Drama (that won't be needed to be said) that went down that almost ruined the night but Mr. Gregory Todd Baker conituned to play 2 additonal solo sets that saved the evening. Earning him the name 3 Set Gary additonal to 3 Drink Gary.

Mr. Gregory Baker played a few originals which included "When Your Young" & "On Your Back", as well as a few covers such as a few Chuck Ragan & Against Me! tunes and a few Crowd Favorites like "Skulls" by the Misfits & "Ignition" by R. Kelly.

After GTB's sets, My buddies' Bearface started playing their homecoming set and shit just went off. They truly got people up and dancing and into it. I had never seen a live Bearface set but was amazed by there force as they tore up the Gunther's dance floor.

Bearface played just short of 45min in my drunk estimated guess. After there set people s
tayed around for a good while but by last call somewhere around 3am Gunther's was a ghost town and a shell of it's former self with spilt beer and shit everywhere.

After last call, My good friend Cathy Lewis and I proceeded to walk up to Neil's house. By the time we got there most of the people had beat us there. On our arrival, Smelson, Cathy, Lukas, Brian, Zach & I thought it would be a great idea to go swimming in Neil's pool, which his neighbors must have hated.

After a few front flips and a few front flip cannonballs by me off the diving board the pool conversation gravitated over normal customary pool conversation, such as heated breast implant debates. 
(Don't Do it Cathy!)

The rest of this period sorta is fuzzy to me but I do remember 3DG & I leaving Neil's house at around 5:30 or 6 in the morning. Needless to say the rest of my Saturday was a complete waste of a day.

All and All, Friday Night was the Greatest Night of my life. I had so much fun and got completely annihilated. I wanna thank Johnny Gunther who let us play at his fine establishment. And I'd also like to thank everyone who came out, it was great seeing everyone and I really do appreciate your presence at the show.


P.S. Thanx to Cathy for letting me Steal all the Photos of the show from her Myspace!

No comments: